About ORock Technologies
ORock Technologies provides IT infrastructure, cloud computing, and compliance services for government agencies and enterprises in highly regulated commercial industries. ORock operates a private, high-performance fiber optic network and an enterprise-grade open source cloud to meet the most stringent requirements for security, performance, cost predictability, and control.
ORock seeks a creative, tech-savvy marketing communications professional and content creator to join a small, fast-paced marketing team. The ideal candidate is a strong writer and eagle-eyed editor who understands technology and excels at simplifying complex messages for diverse business and technical decision makers. Your work will help ORock educate the market on who we are and what we do. You’ll bring both clarity and consistency to our marketing efforts and help us influence customers and partners through a mix of earned, owned, and paid media (with an expanding focus on digital marketing). Your efforts will directly impact the success of our awareness, branding, thought leadership, demand generation, customer success, and partner enablement initiatives.
This is a tremendous opportunity for an entrepreneurial “self-starter” to get in on the ground floor and contribute to the growth of a high-potential early stage company in a rapidly expanding market segment (cloud computing and infrastructure services). The position is based in our Reston, Virginia headquarters (in the heart of Reston Town Center). You must be a U.S. citizen.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, this role collaborates with other marketing staff as well as the VP of Product Management, VP of Customer Success, solution architects, sales teams, channel partners, and subject matter experts in technology and compliance to:
- Write and edit marketing copy for external and internal campaigns and promotional materials, including emails, website pages, social media posts, blog posts, e-newsletters, and advertisements (including paid search and paid social)
- Produce and maintain all company marketing collateral and product literature, such as PowerPoint presentations, solution overviews, data sheets, case studies, battle cards, and use cases
- Lead the development of long-form content such as product manuals, sales training materials, e-books, white papers, and investor communications
- Improve ORock’s online presence through the creation and optimization of digital assets, SEO keyword research, website cross-promotion, and enhancements for ORock’s website and partner portal
- Contribute to the development of product and corporate messaging strategies
- Build, manage, and populate a new ORock blog
- Manage PR/media relations, including press releases, authored articles, and media outreach
- Coordinate with ORock’s graphic designer and external marketing resources to conceptualize and produce event signage, infographics, landing pages, videos, and other creative assets
- Support proposal responses to include content creation, editing, layout, design, and production
- Interview business and technical SMEs from ORock, our technology partners, and channel partners to gather and produce original content
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive editorial calendar and content library
- Support other marketing, business development, and customer success initiatives as needed
Desired skills, experience, and personal qualities include:
- 5+ of experience in a B2B or B2G marketing communications role
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as marketing, English, business, or communications; technical education in areas such as computer science or information technology is preferred
- Excellent writing, editing, and content creation skills; knowledge of AP or Chicago Style is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to simplify complicated technical topics and messaging into easily understandable stories, features, benefits, and use cases
- Digital marketing aptitude in such areas as email marketing, SEO, search engine marketing, social media, and account-based marketing
- Knowledge of one or more of the following enterprise technology areas: cloud computing, networking, cybersecurity, containers, IT infrastructure, application development, or DevSecOps
- Familiarity with WordPress or similar CMS, marketing automation tools, and social media platforms preferred
- Experience preferred in government, healthcare, financial services or other regulated industries
- Expertise in MS Office suite required; basic graphic design skills or tool knowledge is a plus
- Detail orientation with strong project management, communication, and planning skills
- Comfortable working independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Entrepreneurial “ownership” mindset with a “hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to help a small business grow
ORock offers a compensation package that includes a competitive salary, stock options, health/dental/vision benefits, 401(k), paid time off, free parking, casual dress, and more.
Candidates should be prepared to submit work samples and professional references.
ORock Technologies requires the candidate to prove eligibility to work in the United States. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check. These record checks can include any or all of the following: education verification, employment verification, drug screening, criminal record check, and/or driving record check.
ORock Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
Job posted on Indeed.