We are currently seeking a Digital Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) Engineer / Specialist to join the ENERCON Team based in our Atlanta, GA Headquarters. In this role, you will have the opportunity to provide technical leadership and support to grow our consulting services business, specializing in the engineering design, implementation, testing, and commissioning of modern computer-based instrumentation and control (I&C) systems.
Key Responsibilities will be:
- Prepare Engineering Change Packages (ECP) to replace/upgrade obsolete analog-based I&C systems with modern computer-based I&C systems and components.
- ECP preparation includes: develop/revise associated documentation (e.g., specifications, system descriptions, cabinet/panel layout diagrams, wiring/cable termination diagrams, bill of materials (BOM), part lists, vendor instruction manuals, operations manuals, etc.)
- Perform engineering calculations and analysis (e.g., Failure Modes and Effect Analysis (FMEA), Qualitative Assessments (evaluate reliability of computer-based systems), response time analysis, instrument setpoint and uncertainty calculations, instrument drift analysis, etc.)
- Develop specifications and functional requirements for procurement of computer-based I&C systems.
- Perform review of Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) digital platform hardware and software technical documentation for specified applications.
- Provide estimates to Project Management to support budget and schedule development.
- Participate in project meetings, working interactively with colleagues and clients to develop strong relationships
- Plan and implement the timely execution of assigned engineering activities
- Become proficient in the application and use of the regulatory requirements, industry codes, and standards that are unique to digital I&C systems
As a qualified candidate, you will have some or all the above experience and meet the below requirements:
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
- 5 to 10 years of I&C engineering experience, with significant experience with computer-based platforms
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering (BSCSE), or Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
- Knowledge of digital hardware and software components commonly used in digital I&C system platforms, such as: Central Processing Units (CPUs), Input/Output (I/O) modules, fiberoptic modules, network interface modules, switch/router modules, servers, and Human System Interface (HSI) equipment such as thin client workstations, touch screen displays, and their applications in digital I&C systems
- Knowledge of Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), including component and platforms based on microprocessor, Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and Complex Programmable Logic Devices (CPLD), or similar embedded digital device (EDD) technologies is desirable.
- Knowledge of computer system internal component (i.e., CPUs, microcontrollers, memory management, networking, touchscreen VDU, embedded digital system/software architectures, watchdog timers) is desirable.
- Knowledge of graphical algorithmic programming languages (e.g., function block diagrams, ladder logic diagrams) commonly used in DCS and PLC I&C platforms is desirable.
- An aptitude for technical problem solving, strong interpersonal skills, written and oral communication, experience working in a team environment, and a client service focus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while working effectively with all levels of staff and management
- Strong analytical ability and problem identification/problem resolution skills
- Proficient with the use of MS Word, Excel, Visio, Access, and PowerPoint
- Required to travel between 15-25% of the time; duration of travel length may vary depending on project and client needs, ranging from a few weeks to several months at a time
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings, ENERCON, and client specific background checks, and annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies
Enercon Services, Inc. is a long-standing and well-respected engineering and technical services consulting company. We provide premier services to companies in the energy, utility, and industrial sectors, as well as to governmental agencies across the U.S. and Internationally.
ENERCON is fully owned by our employees and offers excellent benefits and career opportunities. To learn more about ENERCON, visit us at www.enercon.com. ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.